Monday, April 4, 2011

woolly warmers

brrr, the autumn chill is certainly upon us here in the hills!  Luckily, Little Red's has just received a load more wool and I for one am crocheting like crazy!  As I've only recently acquired the ability to crochet (you could say I'm at 'square 1'...hee hee), there's loads of granny squares floating around the shop (and at home) all set to be made into different things - a blankie for B5, a blankie for G3, a shawl/throw for my mother-in-law, a scarf for me...the list goes on...and on :)  However, Kirsten from Minerva's Garden is getting prepped to introduce us to some new techniques in the 'crochet beanie' workshop starting 25th May and I'm looking forward to starting a new project.
We've also been tossing around the idea of doing a monthly crochet meet where Kirsten will guide us through a new granny square each time and be on hand to give helpful advice on all your crochet-queries.  What do you think?  It will probably be held on a Wednesday arvo and we would love to hear your feedback! 
Here are some pics of our current range of wool and there's more due in mid-April -


1 comment: