Sunday, March 25, 2012

blog hop: Attic 24

last night I hopped over to visit Lucy @ Attic 24 - I first discovered Attic 24 a few months back when I was madly googling for a simple crochet heart pattern and 'voila' - she had the best one!  Lucy has such a lovely way of writing and sharing that even if I'm not seeking to peek at her awesome crochet patterns, it's nice to see what she has written and check out the lovely pics of the English countryside which she posts.  There are sneaky peeks at the inside of her home and her projects too which are just so colourful, you can't help but smile :)


Well, it just so happens that last night I was there to find one her patterns!  This super funky looking neat ripple pattern is experiencing a bit of a craze at the moment and after a few rows in some (secret) funky colours, I think I might be hooked (lame pun intended).  It is a very effective pattern no matter which colours you use - how about a baby boy's blanket in a few shades of blue?  or a pastel rainbow scarf?  oooh, how about a cushion in sunny yellows and oranges?!  The stitch works up so neatly and easily that it's hard to believe it looks so nice!  Maybe it has something to do with the super simple way in which Lucy writes her patterns - trust me, with her step-by-step photo tutorials, you could hardly put a stitch wrong.  
Now I'm off to work some more 'neat rips' on my super-secret project ;)  Promise to post pics in a month or two when the gift has been given.
I highly recommend you check out Lucy's blog, read her lovely writings and have a go at some of her ace patterns.  Let me know what you think x

2 comments:

  1. I think a class on this would be great Kate!! I picked one similar up in the oppy - it is gorgeous - I just need to learn how to do it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely Rachael! Kirsten will be teaching us something similar on Wednesday at our free monthly crochet meet, come join us x

    ReplyDelete