Friday, August 16, 2013

august already!


Hello Crafters!  It has been quite awhile since my last post and I feel truly negligent - this is because I have actually got lots of stuff to blog about but simply haven't had the time/energy.  Being mega-pregnant will do that to a girl!  That brings me to the first topic of this post :)

Baby!!!
Next week we are expecting our little girl to arrive!  I cannot tell you how excited I am about this - I just want to SQUEEEEEEEE! out loud every time I think about it!  And I just love that MasterRed & MissRed too are so excited about welcoming a new little sister :)  Clearly, this is the biggest news in our little world at the moment and I can't wait to share the happy news when BabyRed arrives!

Birthdays!!!
August is birthday month around here and as BabyRed is due a few days after MasterRed's birthday, we decided to have all the parties early - gees, am I thankful that we did!  MasterRed, who turns 8 this weekend, took a few friends ten pin bowing for his party and enjoyed hot dogs, fries, lemonade, chocolate & blueberry cupcakes and loads of lolly bananas (his fave!).  He still says to me 'I can't believe how much FUN my birthday was!'  That is so lovely to hear :)  It was a really good, old fashioned, fun morning!  I highly recommend a ten pin bowling party for a small group of kids as it's quite economical, active and there's no mess to clean up!
MissRed, who turned 6 yesterday, had a pink themed craft party with a few of her little friends.  I am glad this is what she wanted as it allowed me to sit for the most part!  The girls decorated jewellery boxes, made beaded jewellery, decorated crowns and enjoyed a whole lot of party food including a coconut, strawberry, marshmallow ice cream cake.  It was very delicious and I did sneak an extra serving ;)  
We still have the family gathering to go which will be a simple affair with a white chocolate & strawberry cake, at MasterRed's request (and I am totally cheating and buying the cake!).
All in all, it has been a very busy birthday month and it's not quite over yet!

New Monthly Musings
In an effort not to neglect my lovely crafters (because I cherish you , I really do!), I've started a new monthly newsletter called 'Monthly Musings from Little Red's Craft Cupboard' where I'll keep you up to date with all the latest trends, patterns and happenings in the world (or at least, my world) of craft.  Here's the first instalment: Monthly Musings for August 2013 If you'd like to receive Monthly Musings by email, please let me know at contact@littlereds.com.au and I'll pop you on the list!

That's about it for now as I still have so much to do in preparation for BabyRed but if I get some spare time in the next few days, I'll be back with some of my fave new finds and thoughts :D  In the meantime, you can keep in touch by liking Little Red's on Facebook and you can follow me on Pinterest (where I spend a little too much time!)
Take care Crafters and Happy Crafting xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment